Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bible Study Fellowship 2012

Since we were running out the door this morning, I forgot to take a picture of the girls,
so technically this was taken after BSF, but still on the first day!

We started our second year of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) today!  Not only do I love the biblical knowledge and growth I receive from BSF, but my girls love it, too!  This year we will be going through the book of Genesis. Yes, a whole year (well, school year) dedicated to one book of the bible.  I'm quite certain that I will learn more than I ever could have imagined about the first book of God's word.

A few thought provoking statements and questions from the lecture today:
  • Do you expect God to speak to you? 
  • What the bible says, God says.  Are you listening?  Are you responding?
  • What is the ultimate priority of your life?  What do you spend your physical, financial and emotional resources to build up?  
  • What habits to I need to develop or discontinue in order to meet God in His word. 
  • Human beings are moral and spiritual failures.  What hope do we have?  
I pray that it will be another great year of study in God's word, that I will experience greater spiritual maturity, that God will reveal Himself to me, that my girl's will grow in their knowledge of God's Word and His promises, and that through the Holy Spirit, I will become a better disciple for my children.

Sweet Sisters

No photo shoot is complete without silly faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment