Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle

We have only read the first chapter of Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, but I can already tell this book is going to be a favorite with my girls.  How much fun is a little lady who was married to a pirate, lives in an upside down house and bakes sugar cookies for all the children in town?

We haven't started the second chapter titled "The Won't Pick-Up Toys Cure," but I thought we might give Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle's tactics, uh, cures, a try.  We read that Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle pretends that she's a beautiful princess and if she doesn't get the dishes washed and put away, the cruel queen will come and throw her into a dungeon!  Hmmm....my girl's room still needed to be picked up before bed.  I wonder....Yes! 

I promptly told my girls that I thought I heard a cruel queen coming and they should go quickly and pick-up there room!  I also reminded them that the cruel queen would inspect their room thoroughly!  She will look in drawers, she will check beds and she will look at the doll house.  The cruel queen wants everything to be put in the correct place and not just thrown under a bed or on a shelf!

It was working!!!!  They ran to their room and I could hear them feverishly picking up everything and telling each other where things belong.  With some continued prompting from me, such as "I think I hear the queen on the roof" and "I hear her footsteps!  She's almost HERE!" they had it cleaned up in no time!

Now, I have to think of how I could quickly dress up like a cruel queen so I could go inspect there room.  What does a cruel queen wear?  Well, last night she wore a black pea coat with the collar pulled up and a pink pashmina scarf!

The cruel queen stomped into their room and checked their beds, opened drawers, made sure only doll furniture was in the doll house, and made sure their blanket were on their beds while the girls huddled together and pretended to be scared of the cruel queen. The queen told them that they narrowly escaped the dark dungeon, but she would be back and they may not be so fortunate next time! 

They loved it!  The cruel queen had to come back to check teeth after they had been brushed, too!

I can't wait to see what other great things we learn from Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle!

2 comments:

  1. Oh MY!!! I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Mrs. Piggle Wiggle!!!!!!! In fact, I 'borrowed' the book from one of the schools I teach at, because i loved them so much and wanted to read it again!!! Great, Great, GREAT!!!!!

    Love seeing the beautiful girls as well as the whole family. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mrs. Piggle Wiggle became a quick favorite with the girls...and me! I can already tell I will need to get more Mrs. Piggle Wiggle books once we are done reading this one!

      Thanks, Heather!

      Delete