Thursday, October 4, 2012

Anna's Spends the Night Off!

We had another milestone this week!  Last Friday as we are riding in the car running errands, out of the blue, Anna asked when she was going to spend the night at YaYa's by herself.  We all had a long discussion about it because Aubrey, of course, piped in that she wanted to go spend the night at YaYa's too.  I told Anna that we would call YaYa when we got home to talk to her about it.

Naturally, when we got home it slipped my mind to call YaYa.  After about an hour or so, Anna came up to me and very accusingly told me that I had not called YaYa like I said I would!  I stopped what I was doing and immediately called YaYa!  We made arrangements to meet her after church on Sunday for Anna to go back to Shellman Bluff with her for the night.

Anna was beyond excited that she was such a big girl that she could go spend the night off all by herself!  Anna has spent the night without Danny and me many times, but she's really never spent the night away from her sisters and she's never spent the night at YaYa's without any of us!

So Anna got all packed up and we met YaYa and Tom at Cracker Barrel in Kingsland for lunch after church.  Once done with lunch, there was no hesitation from Anna to go by herself with YaYa!  Like a big girl, she hugged me, told me she would miss me and then gave me a goodbye kiss!

She had a wonderful time.  In the short 24 hours that YaYa had Anna, I know she spoiled her beyond belief!   

Anna with YaYa and Tom before leaving us!

No comments:

Post a Comment