Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Treasure Box!

So we have a treasure box.  It's full of little dollar-store toys and trinkets, but you would think it had a million bucks in it!  Below is the criteria for getting to choose something from the treasure box

  • Be helpful without being asked by mom or dad (does not include regular chores)
  • Go out of the way to be loving or kind to each other
  • Can not ask for something from the treasure box
On this particular day (a couple of weeks ago because I'm trying to get up-to-date), Anna was especially helpful to me.  Without me asking she helped me put up laundry, put sheets on our bed, and she moved the clothes from the washing machine to the dryer (with the aid of a step-stool!).  After all this, she then asked me if there was anything else she could do to help me.  Why, yes!  I then gave her some wet paper towels and she wiped down the table on the back porch and the school table and chairs. Then she asked, "Anything else, mom?" I almost fainted! After a quick recovery, I gave her more wet paper towels and set her to wiping down the walls and base boards around the school table!

She definitely deserved something from the treasure box after all this!

 Anna is very proud of her new sequined crown!

Anna dressed herself this day and she chose this dress.  When I told her that it was a church dress, not a play dress she said, "I know, mom.  It will be ok."  I can hear her saying it write now in a way that only Anna can say it!

No comments:

Post a Comment