Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Our Thankful Tree

Disclaimer: I will admit, even though I love to do crafty things, I tend to slack in doing crafty things with my children.  The perfectionist in me comes roaring out at these times!  The good news is that I recognize it and I'm working on it.  Oh...another a problem....I tend to try and make things way to elaborate with the kids crafts, which ends up just frustrating me and them.  Like I said, I'm working on it!

With all that said, this November we are making a Thankful Tree to record all the things we are thankful for. The tree is very simple, but the girls had a wonderful time making the tree trunk and the grass.  I cut out a ton of leaves on my nifty little Silhouette...and we have the makings of a thankful tree.  See.  I'm doing better!  Simple and easy!  Danny was really proud of me!

 I just cut a large piece of white paper for them to paint brown for the tree trunk and limbs. 

 Alexandra loved having her hands messy!

 I thought the paper was going to tear several times due to how much paint they put on it, 
but it held up and dried very good!

 Aubrey's thinking...this is a blast!
I'm thinking...PLEASE don't touch anything but the paper with those hands!!! 
 I need help, I know!

 Paint the paper, Alexandra!  Not yourself!

The beginning of our thankful tree!  
I love how sassy Anna has become in front of the camera!  

Anna was dressed like her sisters, but she wanted to be different, so she put this outfit together.  She is currently obsessed with wearing skirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment