Sunday, January 3, 2010

Communication is a Great Thing!

It's such a great feeling when I say something to Anna now and actually get a response I can understand! She's just now starting to say a few words, but she understands most everything that is said to her and she will nod or shake her head in response to a questions.

Why is it that kids always learn how to say "no" before they can say "yes?" She definitely has the word "no" in her growing vocabulary along with some other favorites: please, thank you, bye, daddy, mama, yaya and cup. She will say most anything you ask her to say, but most of the time it doesn't sound anything like the word.

She still likes to point and whimper to get things and sometimes, I just have to guess what she's wanting. Today, she was pointing to the refrigerator while we were eating lunch. She still had some of her sandwich and chips on her plate and her cup was in reach, so I had no idea what she wanted. She kept looking at my plate and the only think on my plate that she didn't have was ketchup. I asked her if she wanted ketchup and she immediately started nodding her head. She LOVED dipping her potato chips in her ketchup....just like her mama! I asked Aubrey if she wanted any ketchup for her chips and she politely replied, "No, thanks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment