Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

The girls and I got to spend a whole week in Dooly County for Thanksgiving. We left on Monday before Thanksgiving (timing our trip around nap times so I could manage all three of them in the car by myself) and returned to Jacksonville on Sunday. It was great to spend so much time at my parents house, being with them and realxing. I love that I don't have to pop out of bed right when the first one wakes in the mornings. My mom is so great to take care of them and to let me sleep in!

We made our first "Thankful Tree" and presented it to my mom. Hopefully this will become a new tradition for our family at Thanksgiving. I had to direct some of Aubrey's thankful thinking. At this age, she is most thankful for her bed, her toys, her playroom, etc!

We got to celebrate Hope's birthday with her! With us living in Jacksonville, we don't get to share a lot of my high school girlfriend's children's birthdays, so I was especially glad that we were in Dooly County during Hope's birthday. The girls had a great time playing with the wonderful animals at the Hayes house and I loved visiting with Heidi and Casey.

The birthday girl, Hope Hayes!

I was very surprised that Aubrey was not scared of the horse. Normally she is very wary of large animals, but she even rode the horse at Hope's birthday party!

My mom and Alexandra

Anna and Hampton having fun on the trampoline. This was the first time Anna had ever been on a trampoline. At first she just stood there, but it didn't take her long to figure it out.

The girls always have so much fun playing outside at MeMe and Poppy's.
Aubrey has become very brave while on the swing at the pond. Danny was pushing her as high as he could and she was loving it. I was about to have heart failure!

No comments:

Post a Comment