Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Jesus would not be very happy....

I love how Aubrey is starting to incorporate Jesus into her everyday thinking and conversations.

Two nights ago Aubrey ate all of her dinner and asked if she could have a treat. I told her she could so we went into the pantry and let her pick her treat from the leftover Halloween candy we still have. She chose the Lifesaver gummies, which is always a favorite of her. After opening the gummies I told her to back to the table and sit down to eat her treat. Listening is definitely not one of Aubrey's strong points and something that I'm constantly working on.

Of course, she got up after the table after a minute or so and I told her again to go sit back down with her treat. On the second time of her getting up from the table with her gummies, I immediately told her to give them to me. She quickly put the last one in her mouth, but not wanting her to get away with this, I made her spit it out in my hand and then I told her to go to her room. Her time out now consists of her going to her room, shutting the door and sitting on her stool with her hands in her lap until I come to get her.

She immediately burst into huge tears and asked me what I was going to do with her gummy. I told her I was going to throw it away, which caused her crying to increase. She then went to her room crying her eyes out. Having to follow through on my words, I threw her gummy in the trash. After letting her cry it out for a few minutes, I went to her room. She promptly asked me where I gummy was and I told her it was gone. At this, she started crying even harder than she had before, but through her tears she managed to tell me, "Jesus would not be very happy that you threw my gummy away!" I pulled her to me in a tight hug so that she couldn't see my smile as she continued to cry and tell me how much Jesus would not be happy with me. After composing myself, I pulled back and told her, "No. Jesus would not be happy that you didn't listen to mommy."

Hopefully a lesson learned for Aubrey, but I kinda doubt it!

No comments:

Post a Comment