Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Fancy New Year

I did not plan anything for our New Year's Eve,
so at the last minute we decided to just call in a pizza.  
As Danny was gone to pick it up,
he called me and suggested we have a "fancy" dinner tonight.  
I loved the idea, but I'm a planner.
I don't like doing things on the fly!  
I want adequate preparation time!  
With this being said, I pulled off what I could
in the 20 minutes that he was gone!  

We didn't tell the girls what we were doing, 
but Aubrey knew something was up when she walked in
and saw the candles on the table.  
Then she saw me dressed up and asked where I was going.  
Once she realized we were having a "fancy" dinner at home,
she was beyond excited.  
She took off to her room to get dressed herself!
We're ready to celebrate the New Year!
It's a place card with my name on it!  
No, wait, it's a marshmallow that I can eat!!

Aubrey's place setting with fine china,
a marshmallow place card, a fancy plastic cup, 
utensils wrapped with ribbon and a butterfly place mat!

 Princesses can wear hippo bibs!

Who said it was a "fancy" menu?  Pizza and Kool-aid for this bunch!

My sweet Alexandra!  
She knows how to make a mommy feel special!

Parfaits for everyone!

Alexandra really wanted Daddy's noise maker!

Aubrey was our after dinner entertainment!  
She's can play a mean "Girls Just Want to Have Fun"
on her Barbie guitar!

No comments:

Post a Comment