Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Child Proof!

After the third child has fully reached the toddler stage, I am ready to child proof EVERYTHING in the house!  I feel like I say
   "No!"
   "Close that cabinet!"
   "Get out of that drawer!"
   "Get out of the pantry!"
a million times a day!  One day, when I had reached my limit, I called Danny, close to tears (ok...I was in tears) and said, "I don't care how late you are getting home or how much it cost, go by Babies R Us on your way home and get every time if child proof device that they have."

So he came home with all kinds of gadgets to make my days better!  We child proofed many cabinets in the kitchen (and before you start thinking I'm a horrible mom for not child proofing before, the cabinets with the cleaning supplies under the sink was already child proofed), many drawers in the kitchen, drawers and cabinet on our desk and all the drawers in my bathroom!  Some have worked, some have not, but overall, I have been able to keep my sanity because I'm not constantly running behind them straightening up a million messes a day!

Once Anna realized what was going on and that she couldn't help herself into the pantry, she started crying and announced, "I don't like it! Take it off!"  On the other hand, Miss Aubrey came in, looked over the new contraption on the door knob, then opened the pantry door.  Like I said, some worked, some didn't.  At least the younger girls can't help themselves to the pantry!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment