Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Anna!

I absolutely can't believe that Anna is now two.  I have no idea where the time goes!  I still feel like she should be my little baby! 

We threw her a small birthday party with family and a few of her little two-year old friends.  It was so funny, because Anna knew that this day was all about her and she LOVED it!

She had a flower themed party and there were flower pots that the kids could paint on, then plant seeds in to take home with them.  We also had the paint board and the chalk boards for the kids to be creative with!  Being an event planner, I like to plan cute parties, but I really had to stay on budget this year.  I think this is the cutest birthday party I've done for the girls and it was the cheapest!

I bought some tissue paper at cost online and started making tissue paper pom-poms a couple of weeks before the party.  They were cheap, easy to make and they were really cute, so I hung them everywhere.  The playroom, the kitchen, the dining room and over the kitchen table!  The girls couldn't believe it when I started hanging them everywhere! 

Kitchen

Playroom

Kitchen table

When Sharon asked what she could do to help me with the party, I showed her a picture I found on the internet of a vegtable tray arranged as flowers.  I asked her if she wanted to try and of course she said, YES!  With a little help from Serena on the day of the party arranging the veggie pieces, I thought it came out great!

How cute is this?

The other food for the party was cheese straws, fuit,
peanut butter and jelly sandwiches shaped
like flowers (with a grape in the middle)
and of course, birthday cake!


I also made Anna a Happy Birthday Banner and she had a flower wall with pictures of her over the past year in the center of each flower.  There were all hung outside for the party, but I brought them inside and hung them in the playroom for us to continue celebrating Anna's birthday for the rest of the month!


As the party guest arrived, they were greeted by Anna's cute little face on the front door wreath (also made of tissue paper pom-poms)!

As I said earlier, Anna knew this day was her day and she was hamming it up!

The beautiful Birthday Girl!


Anna's guests included her cousins, Davis, Lydia and Matthew; Aunt Serena and Uncle Marvin; YaYa; MeMe and Poppy; her friends, Emaline Dupree with her daddy, Mr. Jud; Abigail Tanner with her brother, Jacob, her mommy, Ms. Michele and her daddy, Mr. Rob; Gabe Sell with his mommy, Ms. Joy and Mr. Bobby and Ms. Savannah.

Decorating Anna's flower pot!

Now we're planting her seeds!

Anna was so excited that everyone was singing
Happy Birthday to her! 
Look at that face!  Pure joy!

The birthday cake must be good!

Time for painting!

This is some serious concentration while working on her masterpiece!

Presents!  I had to change Anna's clothes because she got paint
(thank goodness, washable paint) all over her dress!

A new babydoll! 
Anna loves her babies so much!

Anna's giving her new baby a kiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment