Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Little Helpers!

Normally when I tell Aubrey we need to clean up, I start getting comments like:
"I'm tired"
"My leg (or arm ...or whatever bodypart she can quickly think of) hurts"
"I don't feel like it"
"I don't want to"

These remarks get old very quickly and I'm trying try to teach Aubrey how to clean up after herself and sometimes she has to clean up after her sisters.  She's getting a little better about cleaning up, but it's still like pulling teeth and most times that not, the no-no spoon comes out due to her disobeying and not cleaning up like she was asked.

I decided to give her a different task today.  I asked her if she would like to help me clean.  At first she looked at me like she was trying to decide if this was going to be something fun or if it was really just cleaning.  I went ahead and told her to pull up a chair and she could help me wash the dishes.

This got me a huge grin!  She quickly pulled a chair up to the sink and became my little rinser.  There were times that water ended up all over the counter, but she was doing a good job, so I didn't say too much to her about it. 

Of course, Anna had to be right there in the action.  Luckly she is more interested in just watching (she was also finishing up her snack and not too many things are more important than her food) instead of helping, which was fine by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment