Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July


Aubrey modeling the dress I made for her!
This picture is just hilarious to me.  Anna rarely smiles for the camera, but she loves making silly faces!
We had a wonderful 4th of July!  We didn't do anything on Saturday, which was quite nice!  We have been so busy lately that it was nice to just hang out at the house and get some yard work done and a little cleaning too! 

On Sunday, we went to church.  I hate that we missed the service, but Danny and I work extended care in the nursery on the first Sunday of every month.  Danny serves in Aubrey's room and I serve in Anna's room.  Whew, I was beat after church.  We had a room full of two year olds...enough said!

Later Sunday afternoon, we headed over to the Collins' for some swimming, BBQ, and fireworks.  We all had a wonderful time with great friends!  Of course, Aubrey and Anna had one thing on their mind...pool!  Aubrey is doing so great with her swimming!  She has learned to doggy paddle with her head above water and she can now swim, come up and take a breath and then go back under.  I'm so proud of her! 

Aubrey LOVES to swim!
Anabelle and Aubrey
Anna is also fearless in the water.  She hasn't attempted swimming and I've been reluctant to really push her into learning how to swim because I'm hoping she will follow in Aubrey's footsteps and just start on her own when she's ready.   As the summer progresses, she is becoming more comfortable with the water and isn't as afraid of it.  Which, is not always a good thing!
Anna jumping off of a raised platform to her daddy.  Like I said, No Fear!
Alexandra also LOVES the water.  She doesn't even want you to hold onto her in the water.  She just wants to GO!  She loves for her daddy to throw her in the air...which I think is a little high, but I've learned to pick my battles when it comes to what daddy does with the girls.
Yes!  This is entirely too high, but I get over ruled with these type of issues most of the time!
Sweet Alexandra!
Hayden and Aubrey
Oh, my!  They have been introduced to the Artic Cat!  At first I thought that we are definitely going to have to consider one of these for Christmas, then the fighting began over who was going to drive.  I think we will just plan on coming over and riding Hayden and Rowan's instead of getting our own!

We ended the night watching fireworks and playing with sparklers!  It was a great 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment