Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Aubrey Praying

I'm not really sure what to name this posts. Aubrey just amazes me at times with the things she remembers and comprehends. The first of the year met us with some not so great news. Not only were some good friends being laid off with Danny's company, but Danny was going to have to take a salary decrease. As a new stay-at-home mom, we are truly still adjusting to living off of one income. It's been a lot more difficult than I thought to change our spending habits.

(I must preface this part of the post with some background information. Whenever Aubrey is hurt or scared, we tell her that Jesus is with her and "has His arm wrapped around you." One particular instance of this was once last summer when we went to the beach. Aubrey obviously got some sand in her tooty and after we got home that night, it would burn her when she had to pee pee. She was crying so hard because she had to pee pee, but she was afraid to because she knew it would hurt her. Being the drama queen that she is, she was inconsolable and wouldn't calm down. I started talking to her about Jesus being with her and that he would make the hurt go away, but she would have to pee pee. After talking for a while, I got her back into the bathroom and she pee peed. And guess what, it didn't hurt nearly as bad as she thought it would!!!!) Now back to present day...

I was on the phone talking to Danny about the details of his salary decrease and what this would mean for us and being the emotional person that I am, I began to cry. I try not to cry too often in front of the girls because I don't want them to worry, but sometimes it happens. I guess Aubrey could tell that this time was particularly difficult. After I hung up the phone with Danny and was sitting on the edge of our bed, she walked up to me and asked me what was wrong. I, of course, told her that everything was alright, but she wasn't buying it. She then asked me if we needed to pray to Jesus. I just stared at her but nodded my head. She walked around to the other side of the bed, I'm assuming she got down on her knees because I couldn't see her and out loud she prayed for "Jesus to put your arms around my mommy and make her happy." At this point I was balling! This was the sweetest that I had EVER heard.

She walked back to me and then proceeded to ask me if I felt Jesus' arms around me. Once again, I just nodded, grabbed her and hugged her so tight I think I was suffocating her. I pray that I'm leading her in the right direction towards her salvation and that she will continue to turn to the Lord for her every need.

Another little moment that I want to mention is a little bragging story, but every parent wants to brag on their child every once in a while right? Aubrey's Sunday school teacher told me that they were having story time at church and when she asked the group of kids, who the first man God created was, Aubrey was the only one that answered, "Adam!" That's my girl! I actually can't take credit for this knowledge on her part. We do have a book about Adam and Eve and God's creation, but I don't recall reading it to her in a while. I have now pulled it down from the shelf and read it to her, stopping to explain parts (specifically about obeying) as we are reading.

One other tidbit about church and the fabulous things that come out of Aubrey's mouth. In Sunday school, her teachers were talking about "big" church and Aubrey looked at them as said as seriously as she could, "Big church is beautiful!"

No comments:

Post a Comment