Friday, February 26, 2010

You're the Best Mommy Ever

Wow!  I feek so special.  This is definitely the first time I've ever heard this!  And what brought about this comment?  I've been working with Aubrey on how to respond to Anna when Anna is ugly to her or if she's sees Anna doing something that she shouldn't be doing. 

For instance, my new question to Aubrey is, "How do we teach Anna to be nice?" And Aubrey responds, "By being nice to Anna."  My next question is then, "And what do you do if Anna hits you or pulls your hair?"  And her response is, "Don't hit Anna back and come tell Mommy." 

Now even though we go over this several times a day, situations typically don't play out this way.  Aubrey will do something that Anna doesn't like and Anna's immediate reaction is to hit, pull hair or sometimes even bite.  Aubrey will then immediately hit Anna back and then it's chaos from there.

It also helps that Aubrey woke up in a good mood this morning.  So when Anna got me cell phone, instead of Aubrey trying to take it away from her, she came and told me that Anna had my cell phone.  I gave Aubrey a big hug and told her I was so happy that she came to tell me instead of taking matters into her own hands.

That's when I got the response, "Your the best Mommy, ever!"

Now, let's see if we can continue along this path today.

No comments:

Post a Comment