Thursday, February 25, 2010

Go Fish!

So I tried to teach Aubrey today how to play Go Fish.  Oh my.  It's so funny how frustrating it can be to try and teach a 3 year old something you feel is very simple.  We did complete our first game and I promised her we would play agian this afternoon.

She couldn't understand the concept that I wasn't supposed to see her cards or that she could only ask me for cards she had in her hands so that she could match them.  If she saw a particular card I had, she would ask me for that card regardless if she had the match in her hand or not!

It's also not easy to play cards when you have an 8 month old crawling everywhere putting every card she can get her hands on in her mouth and a 21 month old who wants to join in the fun and ends up taking cards and walking away with them!

Aubrey was very polite in playing, though.  She loved asking, "May I have your octopus?"  She was also very excited what she got to give me a card and always said with great delight, "Yes, mommy!  I do have an octopus!"
Notice the bruise on her forehard!  She got this a couple of nights ago when she was chasing Anna around the kitchen and somehow missed her turn and ran into the corner of the dishwasher. 
She screamed for a good 5 minutes about this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment