Friday, March 26, 2010

Conversations with Aubrey

Aubrey can absolutely melt my heart sometimes! She truly has such a sweet spirit and I love hearing the things that she says to me. Whether it's funny, sweet, or just plain surprising that she knows to say some of the things that she does, I just soak it all in.
A few of her recent comments:
Yesterday I was hugging her and I told her that she was a great big sisters. She looked at me and said, "You're a great big mommy."
Another time, I was calling her into the house the other day from being outside. Once she stepped in the door, she looked at me and said, "Yes, your majesty?" I gave her a thumbs up for that remark.
This morning, she looked at me and said, "Mommy, you're a pretty princess."
She is starting to see commercials for toys and telling me that she wants whatever has been on the commercial. She has asked me about some sort of shoes that she has seen on TV several times recently. Most of the time I will tell her, "maybe" when she asks if she can get something and then sometimes I tell her she'll have to put it on her list for Santa.
A couple of days ago, she asked me how we would get the shoes out of the TV. I told her we would have to buy them with money. She also associates "buying things" with going to the store. So her next response was "I'm not allowed to drive to the store yet. Remember?" So I asked her how she was going to buy them if she couldn't drive to the store. She very matter-of-factly stated, "I'm not buying them. You are."
Oh, this is going to be interesting as she gets older!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment