Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Razors, Knives and Ladders

Doesn't sound like a good title for a post about children, does it?  Well, we are quickly learning that we are going to have to do a lot more child proofing to our house with Anna than we did with Aubrey.  Anna is now tall enough to open doors!  I always keep our bathroom door closed just so Anna can't get in there without me knowing.  I discovered her new found skill of opening doors a little too late. 

First, she went into my bathroom, opened the cabinet (that has a ponytail holder around the knobs so that she can't get in) and somehow managed to get her hands on a bag of disposable razors that were in the very back of the cabinet.  She then took the bag of razors to the playroom to play.  When I discovered her, the razors were all out of the bag, she had taken the top off of one and had cut her thumb in two places.  She wasn't crying, she was just holding her bloody finger up for me to see.  Naturally, I freaked out.  The cuts were not too bad.  Once sliced the corner of her fingernail off and the other scraped a small top layer of skin off.  I could not get her thumb to stop bleeding!  Finally after about 30 minutes, the bleeding slowed down enough for me to put bandaids on her finger.

Secondly, with her new height, she can now open drawers in the kitchen.  What was the first drawer she opened?  The silverware drawer with steak knives.  She got a knife out of the drawer (all while I was on the phone) and was scraping it all over the front of a kitchen cabinet!  Luckily she didn't do too much damage to the cabinet and I was able to get the knife from her before she damaged herself!

The ladder incidenct actually happened a couple of weeks ago when we accidentally left the door to the bathroom open.  I had the ladder in the bathroom hanging drapes and left it up so that Danny could finish hanging them when he got home.  After he got home, Anna went missing, so we went searching and this is where we found her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment